Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

OV

Programmer
Nov 4, 2002
US
Hi,

One of the users is having trouble exporting to PDF. Some of the reports will export fine but some others will not. The user does not get an error; nothing comes up when he clicks on the "Export to PDF" button. My initial thought was to check the limit on the number of cells allowed to be exported but these reports are well within the range.
Has anyone experienced this problem? Any ideas will be appreciated.
We are on version 7.2.3 and IE 6.0

OV

When you say 'nothing' do you mean the web stops responding or a blank PDF page opens up?
Go to your admin page of the microstrategy web.
( I THINK!!)
Therre go to preferences and see how many seconds the session time out has been set to. I think by default it is set to like 40 seconds or something. Change it to like 600 seconds.

Sometimes decreasing the range at which the data is filtered might resolve it. We had the same issue when reports were beign run on a quarterly basis. It would run well on desktop but would give out a blank page. But I suggested taht it be run on a monthly basis as no one will be comparing like 80 pages of reports at the same time.

thanks asudevil. It appears that changing the session timeout fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back