Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to pdf / saving to lower PostScript level

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpicks

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
US
Hi all.

I've been given the challenge of altering the PostScript level that a pdf is saved to when it is exported from CR 9. It looks like the pdf's that are exported from crystal are saved with a PostScript level 3. Unfortunately (for me), some of our users are unable to read the fonts in these pdf's. The versions of windows and acrobat that they have installed only allow them to view pdf's saved with a PostScript level 2. Does anyone have any thoughts on an approach that I might take to generate a pdf with a PostScript level 2 from Crystal?

Right now I'm using CrystalCommand to run a batch file that exports a suite of 45 reports to pdf. I'm hoping I can either save the pdf to the right PostScript level directly from Crystal, or (if I have to) find a command line utility that will allow me to re-save the pdf's to a lower version.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back