Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to HTML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bguy

Technical User
Nov 17, 2003
US
I am a newbie so be kind, when exporting to html from Quarkexpress 6.0 (on a mac G4)my text boxes are converted to gif's. We have tried unchecking the box in the conversion window but it did not make any difference.

So, My question is, does anyone know how to fix this? Any ideas,suggestions appreciated.

As designed not to be fixed ...!

:eek:) well... I suppose

It depends on the input of your images. A Gif or EPS picture will be exported to HTML as a GIF, whereas a JPEG or Tiff file will be exported as Jpeg. Play with the settings in Photoshop to see what gives you the best options before bringing it into Quark. Hope this helps.

j118, The problem I'm having is that the Text boxes are converted into picture boxes (gif). The actual images come thru great.

I think once you export to html, text boxes are *supposed* to be converted to pictures. At least they were for me when I tried it after reading your question. Seems you have to do all your text editing in Quark. Why do you need it to not be pictures?

(Not sure why the other people didn't understand your question!)

signal49,
I am doing all of my deiting in Quark and converting the text boxes to pictures boxes would be OK if you could read them. The text in the converted picture boxes are unreadable. Take a look at At first I thought the text was too small but enlarging it did not improve anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hmmm.... you're right. That looks kind of odd. My first thought would also be to enlarge it, but you said that didn't help. Have you tried using a different font? Is this font PostScript or TrueType? Do you have AntiAliasing set (I can't even remember if you can turn that on or off in OSX). Just trying to brainstorm.... These are the things that come to mind that I would check if it was happening to me. Can you get the same thing to happen with other fonts? If so, what are the similarities? When I tried my own page, everything was legible.

**Are you using the style palette to make the font bold, italic, etc instead of using the actual Bold or Italic version??

so why not keep the text in text form instead of turning them into pictures?

To maintain text in text form make sure your HTML Text Export is turned on in quark (Utilities>XTension Manager) and make sure the font you used is a system font (if not check the CSS Style box when exporting). Then export and it should be okay.

Check out my website at:

signal49,
I'll try that.
j118,
That's what my original post was asking how to do. I'll try your suggestions and report back.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back