Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting to excell from report runner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

star914

Technical User
May 31, 2007
US
Hi I am learning report runner 2.1 on my own for the most part. I just got my report runner to finally print after being down for about 2 months now i need to start exporting reports to an excell sheet. I am not sure how to do this from report runner. Can any one help me with this? Any screen prints on how would be very helpful please.

Just a question. Why is everyone using report runner? This is not even supported anymore. I would suggest moving to CustomView Director/Producer for real-time stats and Crystal Enterprise for report exporting. You can export to excel, pdf, etc. And as a plus you can schedule the jobs to run so once you set them up, you do not have to mess with it unless a report fails, which in that case you would be notified via email that a report failed. If you have a print object in Report Runner you can download an excel print driver. It acts like a physical printer, but it just exports to excel. Similar to pdf995.

When you define the schedule in RR, you can select the destination (windows, printer, export...) choose export and in the next dropdownlist you can select the desired format (i.e. excel, text or whatever). I'm with arznrchrd, this is old stuff, thus it produces only "old" excel files..

Thanks to both of you for you reply. I am in the middle of trying to get my boss to upgrade the system. Our company just got bought out so we might be switching phone systems in October to AVIA (hopefully) but this will help for the time being.

Avaya" has different reporting mechanisms as well, including Crystal Enterprise. So you will have similar options.

Just as another note if you do wish to switch and have the data stored you can get the extract tool that will give you the data in raw format to sort and store. That way there will not be this huge gap in reporting going form one system to the next to be able to do year over year data comparisons. Let me know if you need more info on it. The extract will allow you to get whatever data you need and store it in your own fashion.

You do not need to buy an extract tool to pull the data from Aspect. You have access to the databases directly and can run a job to copy them to SQL or whatever DB you want. CIAO~

Although I agree in principle that is only because I have a DBA available but for most it is not the case and in that situation having a tool do the work for you automatically and then build what you want onto it rather than have to do it through reporting means you can keep data the way you want to keep it and store it where ever you wish to store rather than live with the limitations set upon by the Aspect itself. That is why I mention it because not everyone may have that skill set that you have so saying there is no need seems a bit judgmental of others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back