Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
GB
I need to export the Trial Blaance form Great Plains into Excel to import into another software. How do I do this?

There are a number of ways to do this. The easiest is to use an ODBC link to dump the data directly into Access or Excell then you can do what you like with it. Also this will depend on what version of the software that you are using. If the are using Great Plains Dynamics 5 or Great Plains eEnterprise 5 or higher they can use the Explorer to do a direct export from any part of the system into Excel.

If they are on older versions then ODBC is the best option or if you don't have the ODBC drivers, (they are on the CD for the software so you should have them) then you can create a custom report in the report writer to export to a csv file. this method is not for the faint hearted.

If you need anymore help you can reach me at hooggie@btinternet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back