Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

newworld51

Technical User
Apr 17, 2002
US
When I export an A/R aging to Excel 97, the negative values are not recognized by Excel. I have to manually adjust.

Thanks,
Alan

I am not sure of the exact settings for Excel 97. This will also depend on your operating system.

I am also assuming you are printing the report to the txt format and parsing the data in Excel.

There should be an Advanced button on the screen to format the columns you are importing. If you click on this button, there may be a selection to tell Excel the negative is trailing.

The other posible solution is to adjust the numeric format in the regional settings on the operating system. This is under the control panel. You can format the number to a trailing negative there, which should allow Excel to recognize it properly.

Hopefully one of these solutions will work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back