Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to Excel give wrong total amount using custom code to total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2013
US
Sorry, please see below for my post disregard old post. Thank you.

Hello

I am having an issue when exporting to Excel I am not getting the correct total amount. I get the correct amount on the screen or exporting to pdf. Below is my code

Custom Code

Public Shared Value as Integer=0Public Shared Function GetValue(Item as Integer) as Integer

value= value + Item

return Item

End Function

Public Shared Function GetTotal()

return value

End Function

On the row to store the numbers I here is my code -

=Code.GetValue(IIF(IsNothing(Lookup(Fields!CustomerName.Value, Fields!Customer_Name.Value, Fields!BudgetPeriod.Value, "DataSetSQL_Budget")),0, Lookup(Fields!CustomerName.Value, Fields!Customer_Name.Value, Fields!BudgetPeriod.Value, "DataSetSQL_Budget")))

Finally on the total row I input the total using
=Code.GetTotal()

Now it works perfect on the screen or print it or exported to pdf file, but when exporting to Excel the total is incorrect. It seems to double. I believe it has to do something with pages in Excel. Any help will be appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back