Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to 'DVDIT' on Premiere 6.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NextOne

MIS
Mar 14, 2003
GB
Once I have exported a project into 'DVDIT', i begin to 'build DVD', half way through this process, an error message pops up 'data exceeded multiplexable bit rate', Obviously a setting must be changed within Premiere before exporting to 'DVDIT', can anyone please help? This is driving me crazy!!! I believe the setting that has to be changed within Premiere is not highlighted for me to access. Thanks Luke

I'm afraid I can't help you... the best I can do is possibly add to your frustration. I tried using DVDIt a few dozen times (I'm guessing that it was between 20 and 30 attempts) and only managed to successfully author 2 discs with it (and quite frankly, I'm not impressed with either of them).

It didn't matter whether the video was originally edited in premiere or any of the other NLE's I've used (VideoWave, VideoStudio, VirtualDub, TMPGEnc...). Once in DVDIt, I'd get about half way through and the program would popup some sort of cryptic error message.

Incidentally, my video work & DVD authoring is purely hobby, I'm a computer programming instructor by trade and DVDIt is probably one of the shoddiest pieces of software I've ever had the displeasure of using. I can only hope that none of my former students had anything to do with it. It promises a lot and delivers next to nothing. At least if the error message described the problem you'd know what to do to correct it, but half the time it would be "An unspecified error has occured."

The best thing I can suggest is to stop using DVDIt until they've worked out more of thier bugs. Ulead's DVD Workshop is a vastly superior product and the only thing I've found it lacks (that DVDIt has) is Dolby Digital audio support and the ability to attach a sound to a button.

Mind you, I'm not sure if DVDIt actually does support those features because I was never able to successfully author when I selected either of those options.

I've attempted to author roughly 75 DVDs so far with DVDWS. I'll let you know if and when it ever fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back