Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting To DVD Quality Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatociego

Technical User
Dec 21, 2006
MX

I finally figured out how to export my projects right out of PP2 direct to DVD and it has been working great. High quality, low time in burning, excellent compatibility with customers' varied types of DVD players.

My projects average between 1-1/2 hrs to 2 hrs. This includes adding up to 30 or 40 stills with accompanying music. For this, I have been using the highest quality settings for burning:
NTSC DV 4:3 High Quality 7mb CBR 1pass
(this setting renders a maximum 5 quality)

My latest project involved using 2 partial camera tape cassetes, so, instead of loading the entire footage onto one project, I used one tape for Project 1, and then opened another project (2) for the second footage. When done editing each project independently, I imported the sequence from Project 2 onto Project 1, and with necessary transitions, finished my complete project.
This completed project only totaled 1hr and 8 minutes (a little over half of the norm).
When trying to export to DVD, it said 'insufficient disc space'. I had to finally lower the quality down to 2 before it would allow me to burn. Needless to say, there was a very notable quality decrease in viewing my disc on TV. It also took, roughly, twice the time to export.
Does this process- importing a clip sequence from another project- use an exceptionally high amount of space? Or exactly what has happened here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back