Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting to an e-mail as an attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

deenawag

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
Our company does "Mass E-mailing" from Filemaker. There are times we e-mail 200 contacts from our database. I was wondering if it was possible to take info from our inventory file, export into excel and add as an attachment to our mass e-mails????

Hi.

You need to use a plugin such as SMTPit which will let you do a whole host of things, like attaching files to emails etc.

Use google and type SMTPit to get there URL. It is fairly inexpensive (approx $30 ) and works well.

Regards.

Lewis.

Thanks - I will check that out....The initial problem we were having is that we were exporting to a simple text file, then copying to Outlook...The problem was that the seven fields we were exporting came out all jumbled on the e-mail....I don't think there is a way to format a message in email from a simple text file that came from our filemaker database....If I am wrong let me know.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back