Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting to a Tab-Delimited Text File

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 13, 2004
US
I am using Crystal X with an Oracle DB. I would like to export a large amount of data into a Tab Delimited Text File. However, when I click on export and select "Tab Separated Text" the fields are truncated because I am trying to fit 26 fields in one row.

I do not have access to SQL or SQR.

Please help! What can I do?

Our grid function library could be of help. use them in a report to build a work area for your grid, load the columns and rows with the values you want and save the result to a text file with the delimiter you want (in this case your tab character). You can download a trial version from our web site. Suports any number of rows and columns in the resulant file because it's not stuck with the Cr export rules. The file is created by the Grid functions inside the formulas as the report processes.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back