Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Symposium to Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

willto

MIS
Oct 19, 2001
US
I am using symposium to create reports off my PBX,I have taken some Crystal Reporting courses so I can manipulate exported reports from Symposium and create new ones. Is this the way to go? Or should I focus on trying to create new reports in Crytstal and import them into Symposium? Most of the canned reports in Symposium have too much info for the front office folks.

Most of my reporting is for Symposium. I tend to simply create my own reports and then either import them into Symposium or simply run them in Crystal (export to Excel for distribution). I did start with modifying the canned reports, but that took too much time to figure out how to delete everything, rearrange sorting, etc.

My basic approach was to create 2 of my own "canned" reports - an application report and an agent report. I included all the information I thought was applicable. After that, I generate specific reports as needed. If you need any help with figuring out other reports, let me know. I've become quite adept in using Crystal and Symposium.

By the way, what versions are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back