Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Summarized Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawilson

Technical User
Oct 10, 2000
US
I have a report written that pulls several thousand lines of data. I am only intersted in reporting on the summary of this data (IE totals). I can group and subtotal fine, then hide the detail and the report looks great. However, there is a need to export this report to a text format for distribution through software used company wide. Crystal report distribution is not an option here....I must export the data.

Now with that said, is there a way to export the report as is, or will it always export the detail? I understand that the fields I am reporting on are grouped, sorted, and calculated while the report runs, but it would be nice to export the summary only.

Thanks in advance,
Jamie Wilson

I don't see the problem if you hide or suppress the details and group headers/footers that you don't want. Unless there's a major difference in versions (mine is 8.5), Crystal should export whatever you see in the "preview". What version are you using?

Also, how complex are the summary fields (graphs? etc), and do you actually use the rpt files for anything besides creating those text files? Brad Gunsalus
Cymtec Systems, Inc.
bgunsalus@cymtec.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back