Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Report to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

splint1906

Technical User
Jul 19, 2004
US
I have read through all of the threads on this subject but I could not find an answer to my question.

I have a report with an embedded MS Chart and some other labels. I'd like to export it to Word but, when I do, the Chart object does not export, only the report labels. The only solution I found to work (it does not look too appealing) is to export the report as a SnapShot.

Does anyone have a better solution for this problem? This report's audience is made up of Division & Senior VPs so the SnapShot solution really isn't the right way to go for me.

Thanks

If PDF is an option, it may be your only one, because it's hard to get Access reports to export perfectly to Word due to the nature of the embedded items. Would PDFs work or does the document need to be editable?

Actually, there is a great tool by Lebans to export to Word. It takes a little work, but I use it for all my users. There is a 2k and 97 version

You have to create a reference to the ReportSpecs.mde file (using Tools -> References) that the download comes with.

In your vba code module of your form that runs the report, you must declare:
Code:
Dim pf As clsPrintToFit

When you want to export a report, use code similar to this on a button or some other event of the form you are using.

Code:
Private Sub cmd_ExportRptWord_Click()
Set pf = New clsPrintToFit 'This line must be included
pf.ExportToMSWord "rpt_OEmain_WordMerge" 'Report Name 
End Sub
[code]

It exports the report in near adobe pdf perfectness, and often times better then adobe pdf....

It is kind of a pain to figure it it out the first time, so if you need more clarification, just ask.

~Joel 

~Joel
As common courtesy and to help other members who might find your thread helpful in the future, please respond if the advice given resolved your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back