Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Report Definition 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

codrutza

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
IE
Hi
In the Export window, appears The selected dlls will be installed before the export proceed.
When I try to export in report definition in a Disk file, I click OK and instead to be able to pick the folder for the export, appears a window which disappears so quickly, that I can’t read what message appears.
I don’t know where my exports are going, or if they exist, or if I miss some dlls.
Please help.

One of my MAJOR complaints about the Crystal install process it the default "Install on first use" setting for a lot of things. I would do an "update" install on your Crystal and specifically tell it to install the Report Definition export format.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

I work with Crystal Reports many years now and never happened. I think you are right, we installed recently CR on Windows 8. Thanks Dell.

I see now, the export doesn’t work only in Report Definition. There are several export format options:
ODBC
Record Style
Report Definition
Separated Values
XML
that don’t work, and they have a yellow 1 in the left.
Does anybody know what that yellow one represents, please?

The yellow 1 is "Install on first use", so it will look for the install media and install that feature the first time it is used.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back