Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting rendered CAD files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpdrew

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
Hi all,

I posted a similar question on the Adobe Illustrator forum...

Is there a way to render out a solid, have AutoCAD 2000i perform the solprof on the rendering and then export as a DXF so I can bring the rendered image into Adobe Illustrator. I'm trying to streamline my technical illustration work so I'm wondering if anyone out there works with AutoCAD and Illustrator like I do. Any help would be appreciated.

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'm a little unclear on what you want to do. You have an AutoCAD solid model you want to render, output to Adobe as a rendered file and use solprof to create a 2D projection of the solid - is this right?

If this is correct, the answer is yes. When you render your solid, in the render dialog box, you have the option to render a file, check this option and you can save the file as a TIFF file. Then perform your solprof.

HTH
Todd

I'll give that a try. If Adobe could import true 3D models I probably wouldn't have a problem here. Thanks for the answer.

Jon

If you are just looking for a picture to insert into Adobe to refer I have found that plot to a jpg gives a better picture then rendering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back