Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Query Results to Excel File

Status
Not open for further replies.

elviajero

MIS
Feb 8, 2001
US
I have a query that, when the results or the query are displayed in Access, I choose 'Save As/Export' to an external file, than specify .xls as the file type to export to.

I get an error message "The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object 'MyQueryName'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."

Shouldn't I be able to simply export the query results to a .xls file without this error message? The query does indeed exist, I'm not sure why I'm getting this message.

Hi,
One option (when the query is open) is to select "Tools", then "OfficeLinks", then "Analyze It with MS Excel". This will open up Excel and import the query as a new workbook. But then you will have to save it yourself.

Or, you could stay in the database window, and select the query you want to export without opening it. Then select "File", "Save As/Export" and it will prompt for file name and location and type.

Hope this helps!

Kyle

I sometimes encounter problems with export to Excel as well. I have not been able to isolate the cause, however, it seems to happen most often when I am trying to export to a network drive. If I try to do the same Export to my C: or D: drive it works fine. Also, there are times when I have to save the query in Access before I can export the results to Excel. Try these. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back