Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting quark file as a pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

frantic

MIS
Sep 15, 2002
AU
Hi, I recently saw you can export a quark file as a pdf under the utilities tab. My version of Quark Xpress 4.0 doesn't offer that option. Could someone tell me if it is an extension I am missing, if so, where could I get that? Any help would be appreciated. :)

well actually, QXP 5.0 comes with an XTension to import/export a pdf. u can search for the XTension on the net. it is named as "PDF Filter".

another workaround i could suggest is that if u have a postscript printer installed+Distiller+PDFWriter, u will still be able to produce .pdf file. what all u have to do is to go to the print dialog box. select any postscript printer from the printer properties> destination of the file to be selected to a file and not to the printer("destination").
this will create an .ps(postscript file).
open this .ps file with the help of an distiller and it will convert the file into an .pdf file.

Note: just make sure that there could be errors generated by the postscript printer/distiller regarding the fonts and thus resulting in font substitution. if u have all the fonts then there would not be any problem.

Hope this helps
EL236

~*The Art of Communication*~

Even with PDF Filter, you still need Distiller installed on your computer, unfortunately, even in QXP 5. There were certainly a few disappointed people on Quark's own forums about that, although at least importing PDFs into picture boxes has become more reliable.

Dear,

For importing/exporting QuarkXPress files into PDF try installing the XTension "PDF Filter.xnt". You may download the said XTension from either the Quark Website or search it from the web.
Moreover install the Acrobat Distiller and give a print command. There set the printer to Acrobat PDF Writer and give the Print Command. It will convert the Document into PDF.

Hope this help.

Regards,
TechLeo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back