Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2004
US
i have a very simple report containing account numbers/names/bank details and how much they've paid this week and their contract no. grouped by account number and a unique id i've created (based on acc no + amt paid).
if i export this to excel/word/adobe it all comes through fine, however when i try and export it to a chr or csv file it misses out some contract numbers during the export that are on the report.
there's nothing different about the missing contract numbers to the normal ones
i.e.
CN/H6787 - missing
CN/H4282 - exports fine

any ideas as the bank will only accept this in chr format at they feed it into some programme.......

Are the missing cases in situation where the line content takes up more characters (longer lines)? Perhaps you are experiencing truncation due to page size limitation. In that case, pick a wider page by selecting landscape orientation and/or a printer driver that supports wider pages.

- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

no thats not the case there are longer contracts that do appear and changing to landscape has no effect.

Just a wild idea: create a formula that returns that field. Place it in the detail section instead of the field and try the export again.

What Crystal version?

- Ido

8.5 and i've already tried that and it doesn't work. there seems to be no logic as to why some export and some dont.

Test (using the instr() function) to see if the failing cases have a Chr(10) or Chr(13) embedded in them. If so, the solution is to use the Replace() function to replace those characters with a blank "".

- Ido

this function is unfamiliar to me. when i put instr(contract_number) it says not enough arguments have been given to this function.

Hi -

Do you have an email address I can send a document to? It may help you with this problem.

HeathHol.

Code:
instr({contract_number}, chr(10)) + instr({contract_number}, chr(13))
- Ido

placing this formula on the page brings through 0.00 for every record bar the last two which dont have a contract number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back