Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Mts package for install in another machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palucci

Programmer
Mar 28, 2001
BR
Hi all,
I did a package in MTs explorer in NT 4.0. I exported this package, but it doesnot install in another machine(NT 4.0). This package doesnot appear in MTS explorer after I installed in another machine. I tryed install in another machine executing the exe file only.....someone knows what happened??? I not am knowing to do the package correctly or export???Help me!

Thanks

The export package function creates a .PAK file and a .DLL file that can used to import the package to another server. There is also a .EXE created in the clients subfolder which is used to register the package (on this server) to a remote client.

I'm not sure if you're trying to set up another server or a client, but you won't see anything in MTS explorer if you've run the .EXE. You'll just have entries in the registry that point back to the original server for the components. You can see all this info with OLEVIEW or DCOMCNFG.

What you will have if you've run the .EXE is an entry in Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs beginning with Remote Application.

So, for a client workstation run the .EXE to register the remote components, and to set up another server import the .PAK and .DLL files.

Hope this helps Chris Buckley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back