Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting mail from netscape 7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mzenzer

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2003
US
I have a user who got a new PC and I need to export mail from netscape 7.1 so that I can import it into 7.1 on the new PC. For the life of me I cannot find a utility to do so. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Nevermind. Netscape keeps the inbox folder under win98 in a different location then it did with it's older versions. It was under windows\application data\mozilla....user\ instead of simply being in the netscape folder like it used to be.

Well maybe you can tell me how to get it to import. For the life of me, I found all the stuff in the folder you specified, but I can't get the settings, mail, or addresses to import. How do you do it?

Thanks, AV

Create a profile in Netscape on the new computer the same as the last computer. Look in application data\mozilla\profiles\"user"\mail\ and copy the contents from the old to the new. You may need to do this in both the Documents and settings\"user"\application data directory and the windows\application data directory. It depends on what OS and wether or not you are on a domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back