Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXPORTING INTO WORD USING CR V9 (MARGIN PROBLEM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grom71

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2003
GB
Hi,
When I export to Word and send my reports off to people...
They complain when they try to print as it gives an error message "The margins of Section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page , Do you want to continue ?" This message appears for every page of the report and it will print if you click YES.
I've looked in Crystal and cant find any relevant settings, and I've tried changing my print settings around etc but still cant fix the problem. I've looked on the CR website for answers but had no joy.
My assumption is that once exported into Word whoever receives the document should be able to print it without these messages.
Any ideas why this is happenning ?
Any help greatly appreciated as ever !!
Steve

Steve,

I'm finding similar problems with exporting to Word. Sometimes adjusting the 'Printer Setup' margins helps. You may need to go back to the design tab and adjust to bring all the fields/data items into the margins again.

Eric P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back