Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting into an Excel Sheet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

O2BNSV

Technical User
Jun 29, 2006
US
using vXI or v2008, I have created a report that has probably 40 columns, though only about 5 actually have data in them. The reason I need to do this is that I am using this report to pull data from one data source which will then be used for an import into a different data source. In order to move the data into a new data source, it needs to be in a spreadsheet formatted a certain way, hence the 40 columns with data in only about 5 of them. Anyway, when I export the data into 'Microsoft Excel 97-2000 - Data Only (XLS), it moves all the data to the far left in contiguous cells rather than exporting where they are supposed to be. This has never happened. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Try creating dummy fields for the blank columns you want. In Crystal 10, at least, a blank text-box is usually OK.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

If you use the regular (not data only) Excel export, and if you have your fields all attached to vertical and horizontal guidelines, you should get the desired export.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back