Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exporting from sql server to Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

terpster

MIS
Mar 18, 2002
US
When I export from sql server 7.0 into Access 2000 I lose all of my primary keys and relationships? Is there a way to keep my primary keys along with the relationships so I don't have to recreate them each time? Thanks!

I'm not sure what kind of support is available when going
FROM sqlserver to another database when it comes to the DTS automatically creating keys/indexes, etc. I've not fooled with it much, but in my experience, it hasn't created them for me in the past...

The alternative that I end up using is to use a ddl to create a database. Script out your tables, then make whatever modifications are necessary to run that ddl against Access (again not sure what access supports).

Then try running the dts with all the indexes and keys all in place.

I don't think it supports access, but if you're going from ms sql server to say oracle or DB2, i've heard theres an excellent tool out there called chyfo which will create AND convert the ddl for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back