Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting from Crystal 7 to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMa

Technical User
Aug 10, 2000
US
I have exported a report created in Crystal 7 to Excel. The format I used was 5.0 (Extended). When I print the spreadsheet, the report appears in the top left hand corner and it is only 2 inches by 2 inches. If I copy the export into a new spreadsheet and print it again, it tuns out fine.
Does anyone know what would be causing this to occur? Thank you in advance.

Quite honestly, CR doesn't export correctly to Excel 95% of the time. Nor does it typically look nice in any of the other formats that they offer export formats for. Crysal doesn't support thier format options in anything other than Crystal Reports. The excel export options only work if you mess with them forever. That usually results in the reports looking awful on screen Cryastal Reports format and okay in Excel format. It's a touch and go issue. Some have had slightly better luck with exporting RTF format. I haven't been so lucky. Good Luck though. You're certainly not alone.

CrystalVisualBOracle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back