Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting from Access to Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

stualk

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
GB
Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum but I need some help if possible. What I need to do is export some data from Access to Word to create a letter, which will be sent out to people that enquire about certain things.

The table in access will merely have a persons contact details (name, address, post code etc) and 3 tick boxes. Each of the tick boxes means they are enquiring about a different subject, so a different letter will be needed for each.

What I intend to do is create the three letters first with all the relevant information (in Word), save that and then start using the database. As I enter data and then tick a certain box, I'd like it to automatically go to the relevant Word document and insert the address I have just entered at the top of the letter, so the letter can be printed off.

I'm using Access 2000 and the same version of Word I think. Can anyone help? I'd be very grateful of some advice on where to start.

Cheers
Stu

Hi,

I would create three different reports with three queries to run them, for each of the check boxes.

Make the reports look like a letter then export the reports to word.

If you need advice on how to do this let me know

Nowell

Nowell,

I could do with a few tips on how to do that, if you're able to provide them? Thing is, I did courses on all this at college but it's that long since I didn't it I can't remember for the life of me what I actually did! I suppose once I touch on a few things It'll all start to come back to me.

Cheers for your help
Stu

Ok Stu,

send me your database to this address and I will help you out.
Simply can't be bothered to keep logging on to this forum

nowellthompson@yahoo.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back