Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting from Access to Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drmichaelw

IS-IT--Management
Oct 5, 2002
US
I am running Access 2000. I have created a link to an external excel file and I am running a number of queries on this link.
I am trying to export the results of one of those queries back to the same excel file. I created a macro to do this in the macro in the macro window.

I am exporting however the results a jumbled. It seems that a new worksheet is created in the excel file, however there is data in this worksheet from other parts of the excel file as well as from the query I am exporting.

Can I export to an excel file that I am linking to?
I have exported to other excel files in the past, however I was not linking to this table.

Hi drmichaelw!

Maybe U R sending with the same query name?
Pls. Add your code let us see what's happened.

Good luck
CUOK

As it turns out I did not realize that I had a table named the same as the query. This table had some of the same info, making it confusing. I did not need the table and deleted it and my export runs fine.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back