Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting DNs with Procomm Plus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailor2008

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
CA
I was given an Excel spreadsheet with more than 9,000 lines for a list of 500 DNs in out Maridian 1 Option 81C switch. I was told last it took the administrator one month to manually pick the numbers out. The technician told me that it was the best way he could do it, which I thought there must be a better way, thinking about people have to manage 10s of thousands DNs in a switch.

Can someone please teach me how to export DNs with names, phone types etc into a Excel file so that I can sort them out? I really appreciate it.

You can import a full TNB into MV.xls, found here: or this newer version here:
Otherwise, the longer way is to use a database like Access, with two tables made of two seperate files:

File1 is a LD81 LST of SETS

File2 is a LD95 PRT of NAME with SHRT=YES

Link the DN field of both files in a query. and there is your list of DNs, TNs, and NAMES

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Holy crap GH, that's brilliant - I do the ld 95 thing fairly often but I nver knew I could do a LD81 list and then link them. I'm off to do that right now...About time I used this Office2007 Pro they gave me for something!

=======================================
"I am owed. I've never got paid. A dude with a pencil is worse than a cat with a machine gun" Bo Diddley R.I.P.
December 30, 1928 - June 02, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back