Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Databases To Excel. Plz help... my teachers can't do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikelo11th

Programmer
Feb 9, 2003
DE
hello there,
im really stuck and i need help. what i have is a database full of orders for pizzas. It has feilds like name, surname, address and pizza wanted etc. what i need to do now is to create a graph which shows the most ordered pizzas...

since u cant create graphs in access, i export the database into excel and use the graph wizard to do this..... the only problem is that this method takes too long. I need to create a macro that will export the database into excel and create a graph. .......... please help me someone......... im stuck to death..........even a little help could do...... thanks...........

AAMIR

Access 2000 Reports can include Excel charts. Open the report in design view, select Objects from the Insert menu and choose Microsoft Excel Chart. Edit this chart like you would in Excel.

You could take a different approach....

Write your data to an excel sheet and link it as an Access database.....

(Use import and export functions in the file menu, change your filetype to .xls).

Grtz,

Kalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back