Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting data

Status
Not open for further replies.

leewisener

Technical User
Feb 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have a database that I want to export from, now everything is setup absolutely fine but when people are using the database one particular field has a dropdown menu and 6 options to select from.

When I export that data I want to excel, it would very useful to us once you open excel to have the reason code field with the drop down still available.

Is this possible?

That's not how it works ;-) I am a firm believer there is never a good reason to use lookup fields in tables
If you want to display the reason field, you must include the table containing the field in your export. Excel dropdowns different from Access dropdowns. AFAIK, you can't display one value and store another.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back