Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Custom Outlook Fields to Access Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkdrmr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hello and good day! Here's my dilemma:
I've set up a Help Desk solution using a custom task form to a public folder on my Exchange server. The last goal I have for this project is to have the fields filled in by the user posted (exported) to an access database, building a trend and keeping record of any requests that we may get from now on. I've found some VBScript here & there to export contact information, but I can't get any of the code to work for my custom fields. This is a HUGE dilemma, as only 1 or 2 of my fields are not custom fields. For reference, we're using Outlook 2K and Access 2K on an NT domain with NT clients. Thanks in advance for any information!!!

Good information, but I don't understand how using that info will allow me to export my custom field on the Outlook form in to the Access database. Do you have anymore information that would help me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back