Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting chart as image

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpankySpanky

Programmer
May 25, 2005
AU
Hello

I am using Visual Basic .NET 2003 and the bundled Crystal Reports that comes with it. I would like if I can, to use the graphing engine in CR and export graphs as an image that I can use in other ways. Is this possible? I guess that it is since reports can be shown in HTML form and I presume they need to be in image format to do that.

Is this possible programmatically from a VB.NET Forms application? Any feedback would be appreciated.

You can export as a PDF; I've done that with charts. That can then be tied to a web page.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

I am using CR11 and I can cut and paste the charts as images. This has to be done manually and it is one chart at a time only, not the whole report. I paste them into MSPaint and then save them in the format I need. I think this works in CR9 but you would have to try.

If you export to HTML the chart will indeed become a separate image file (jpg I think).How you would access that file from your code is the harder question.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides for Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, VB, .NET, Tips and Tricks

One issue with the hTML export is that the image file will have a random name.

A 3rd-party tool may help here (see list at:
My Visual CUT software can automate the process of exporting to pdf and converting the pdf to an image (The supported image types are: BMP, JPEG, WMF, EMF, EPS, PNG, or GIF). If the pdf file contains multiple pages, an image file for each page is created with the page number at the end of the file name.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back