Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting After Effects 7 to Premiere Pro 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

unvme

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2003
US
I created an 'intro' composition in After Effects that I would like to import into my project in Premiere Pro 2. I exported the intro as a Premiere Pro project and then tried to open the project in Premiere Pro. However, as the project is nearly opened (when it hits about 1/4" left on the 'Loading Project' status bar), Premiere Pro shuts down. There are no error messages, no pop-up windows, nothing; the Premiere Pro window just disappears. If anyone has any suggestions, or if anyone has run into this problem before, I'd greatly appreciate any advice. Thanks.

just export as .avi from after effects, and import that file in your premiere project.

_______
Anders

Thanks Anders. Took your advice and just exported the AE composition as an .avi and imported it into my Premiere project. Everything looked ok, so I exported to DVD. However, after playing back the DVD, I noticed that the entire section that was imported as an .avi (from AE) was blurry. Also, the audio in that section was not the greatest (crackling). Any suggestions, or ideas about what I might be doing wrong? Thanks.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back