Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Access To Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip12

Programmer
Jun 28, 2005
US
I have a datasheet From Access that has approx 600,000 rows. I need to export that to at least 10 woorksheets in excel. Can Anyone supply code that will do that.I only use sql for querys and I not familiar where in Access to place programming code.Please supply that as well if possible. thanks in advance

chip,

This can be done with little or no VB code FROM EXCEL using MS Query via Data/Get External Data/New Database Query -- Access DBs -- YOUR DATABASE.......

I would suggest that there is probably no reason to "IMPORT" the entire table, as it sounds from your question (600,000 rows on 10 sheets)

You could not possibly report or analyze 10 sheets of data. REDICULOUS!

I almost daily access databases (Oracle, DB2, & Access) from Excel - HUGE amounts of source data, complex joins etc. But I typically return 2,000 to 10,000 rows -- EXACTLY the subset of data that I am looking for.

The QueryTables are stored within each Excel workbook. They can be refreshed in various ways, can be made interacteve with Parameters, can perform other adjacent calculations without worrying about having a formula on each row of resultset.

Check it out!

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]A palindrome gone wrong?[/red]
A man, a plan, a ROOT canal...
PULLEMALL![tongue][/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back