Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting Access Form to PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

realtallgal

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
I am in Acces, right clicking to export to PDF, but it won't allow me to export, it wants to print only. Is there a setting in Access that needs to be set so it will allow me to convert to PDF but not print?

When I hit export, PDF.. I get the err
This document was preivuosly formatted for the print on 1D343R, but that printer is available, do you want to use default print? I don't know how to turn this off so it won't print...

What happens when you File>Print and select not your printer but converter software, could be Adobe or CutePDF.

my understanding is that regardless of any program, PDFs are created by printing them. Even if an app calls it converting, it is using a print driver to create the file. Is there a reason you don't want it to do a print to create the file?

misscrf

It is never too late to become what you could have been ~ George Eliot

Creating the PDF is done through a special print driver designed to format the output normally sent to the printer to PDF which allows you to save the file to a selectable location.
Is your real question how to turn of this pesky and annoying print message of the printer no longer available and do you want to use the defaut printer? Without this message the choose a printer dialog box appears allowing you to select the PDF driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back