Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilabru

Programmer
Oct 15, 2002
US
Can you export a report as a PDF file?
If so, how?

Thanks,
John

Hi,

You haven't had a response, so....

Look at what Adobe Acrobat reader has to offer with regards to 'import' facilities.
(Sorry - I don't have Adobe on this machine).
Access can export anything in various formats - can Adobe import 'em?

It may well be text (csv).

Regards,

Darrylle

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience."

Hi again,

'Import facilities' may mean: File -> Open which shows a file dialogue.

At the bottom should be a File Types drop-down list - look in there for the types that Adobe will open.

Regards,

Darrylle "Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience."

You need Acrobat Writer to save as a PDF. I don't believe that Access offers this functionality yet.

Crystal Reports 8 & above do.

Regards
Warwick

Plenty of people do this. I have never done it myself, but I've seen plenty of people write about doing it. Check the groups.google.com archives for comp.databases.ms-access. There's sure to be plenty in there.

But depending on what you're after, I would also recommend checking out Stephen Lebans's ReportUtilities, at
It's great stuff, it works with MSWord, and it's free.

Jeremy =============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access Databases Since 1995

Take a look at the Developers' section of the site for some helpful fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back