Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting A Notes Doc to Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSpedon

Technical User
Oct 18, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me the best way to export a Notes doc to Microsoft Word? I have Notes 4.6 and can export to Word '97 - 2000.

My sales team wants to export the quotes they do on Notes to a Word doc to attach to an email as our firewall strips out formatting on our emails. thus they want to eaily attach this Notes quote form to an email.

I should have mentioned that I tired opening the doc and using the "export" function in "File" and technically that does work -- but what a mess it leaves. It is unusable by the standrad salesperson.

What I should have made clearer is that I am looking for a clean way that will export the Notes doc to Word so that it essentially appears in Word as it does in Notes without any formatting.

Well... I would agree that the export feature does indeed make it look quite different. If you want to maintain the exact content, you might just want to let the salesperson do a screenshot of the email and paste it into the Word document. This will not help though if the thing they are trying to transfer is large or if they want to edit it later...
Figured I would throw my two cents in though...

In Notes, do a File, Select All; then File, Copy. Then Paste it into your Word document. May require some minor editing, you may also find some color issues with large graphics. But for the most part your format should be retained.

Thank you JDogga and BFOJ for your help. It was so nice of you both to pitch in and help!!!

Unfortunately I had tried both and they don't suffice. The form has tables and graphics and both (especially margins) get ugly when using cut & paste. I ran the screen shot idea past the Director of Sales and was told no, I need to get it in Word via a agent, get it formatted correctly and make it seemless for Sales people.

I was hoping there was some Lotusscript out there that I could borrow from. I checked out a few sites (i.e. code examples.com) and couldn't find anything useful.

If you have any other ideas or sites I could try, please advise.

Thanks again!!!!

Hi McSpedon,

Maybe you can try to do Screencaptures using SNAP or ScreenSeize and paste it to the doc?

Cheers,
libroos

Thanks libroos7!

I have never heard of these programs but I will try to find them online.

Hi McSpedon,

You are welcomed!

Let's pool in ideas.

Cheers,
libroos :-D

We exchange formatted emails and attached documents all the time - using NotesR5 - maybe it's time you upgraded to a current release of Notes, and/or a more user-friendly firewall! Fred Wagner
frwagne@longbeach.gov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back