Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting a 1hour 30 Min Video comes out 18Min

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGTM85

Instructor
Jun 5, 2003
US
When I export my 1 hour and 30 min video to the Microsoft DV AVI setting it doesn't crash or freezes... and finishes. But when I check the exported file it was only 18 minutes long. I checked the workspace area and it's starts at the beginning and ends at the end of my project. Why is this happening?

Have you actually tried to watch the movie. Sometimes when I make video, it only says its a certain time but it really is actually longer. When you say you've checked the workspace do you mean the purple bar at the top of the timeline view. If not make sure that that is all the way through your page.

Hope this helps.

Post the details of your system.

How large is the actual file -- not minutes, but bytes.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

OK
I made sure the purple bar goes though the whole project
Also I checked the file again... it's exactly 18 MINs (about 5 gigs)

My specs...
Dell 8200
2.4 GHz Intel 4
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce4 TI 4200
80 GB HD, 60 EXTERNAL HD (this is the HD I'm exporting too)
512 RD RAM
533 MHZ FSB

I tried exporting at least three times... and the same results came out.

WinXp? win ME? Win 2k?

Sounds like you're hitting Windows ever famous 4GB limit...

Oops...forgot to type it in... it's XP

HOME edition... my internal is NTFS... and the external is fat32...... so according to the adobe support website... i have a 1000 GB limit on NTFS... however I don't have enough room on my 80 GB... and everytime I try to move the original capture videos (about 25 GB) onto my external it says there's not enough disk space when i have 50 GBs left. Why is that?

Well, what are the file specs?

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

GGT,

If your external is fat 32, that means you can only export out 4gb / 18 min of footage to that drive from Premiere.

If each of your captured videos is over 4gb each, then you are going to run into problems trying to move them over to a different formatted hd (ntfs to fat 32 always has problems with each other).

Your best solution right now is to burn your captured files to CDrom to clean out your computer and figure out what hte problem is between your comp and your HD.

You can "break" up your footage files int osmaller files through premiere or tools found at so they can fit on cdrom.

Reformat your external drive to NTFS so you don't have the 4GB limit anymore.

YOU GUYS HAVE THIS SOLVED... BUT...

Sometimes this type of problem can also happen if Adobe doesn't like a frame it encounters in the timeline.

I've gone crazy over this problem before as Adobe would stop rendering as though it was complete, without an error message or anything.... always at the same point.
Eventually I zoomed all the way in on that point to realize that i had one frame of a bmp file sandwiched between two video clips.

Who knows why it didn't like it... but it didn't!
Just something to check for those of you who know it's not the FAT32 problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back