Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exportign excel with drilling option enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

codesearcher

Technical User
Feb 23, 2009
US
Hi All,
I use SSRS to generate a report and my reporting output will be displayed with options of filters, freezing pane & drilling option enabled. Now the requiremnt is to generate the output as excel file. so when i try to export the excel from SSRS report, it generates a static excel without filtering , pane freeeze and drill down enabled. so am trying to convert the excel with all the above said customization with help of VB scripts.. and am fine with implementing filtering & freezxe pane option. i would need some help around enabling drill down option, is it possible with VB scripts if yes please help me around it..

Thanks in Advance.

Drill downs...

I am guessing you want either Filters or Pivot Tables in Excel. While I know what SSRS is I never got beyond a few chapters into learning about it so Drill Downs don't mean anything specific to me.

In any case the best way to learn how to do anything in Excel or Word in code is to start recording a macro, do the stuff and then look at the macro.

Having said this, Excel will tend to use things like ActiveSheet which are better replaced with other declarations.

Beyond that, if it is Excel, pay special attention to SkipVought's posts in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back