Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ExportErrors Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehatpa

Technical User
Feb 2, 2006
US
Hi,

I have created a series of Macros in Microsoft Access 2000 that allows a technology-challegenged client to create exports from underlying SQL data. The final process in the macro creates an Excel spreadsheet toa specified folder on their desktop computer. Since I am using Access 2000 and have over 30,000 records, I must use the TransferSpreadsheet
action in the Macro. But when the export occurs, it creates a newtable that has "ExportError" as the last part of the name. This is due to the fact that the data has "dummy" dates from 1/1/1753. Excel doesn't recognize the dates so it creates the error.

Since I cannot alter the data, is there a simple way to turn off this creation of an error table?

I don't have a lot of experience with Access, so please bear with my lack of knowledge.

Thanks.

-Steve

I don't know how to turn off this creation of an error table, but you could check this query

SELECT [name] from msysobjects where [name] like "*_ExportErrors"

to find any ExportErrors tables and execute this line

DoCmd.DeleteObject acTable,"yourTable_ExportErrors"

to delete a table.

You should start using VBA and say no to macros. Start with converting your macros to VBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back