Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export to tif problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtoman62

Technical User
Sep 23, 2003
GB
Corel draw 10. The problem i have is recent and hasnt happened before. When i export a draw 10 document to tif file any transparency on any part of the graphic dissapears on the tif file. the part of the graphic with this transparency now appears without thus ruining the effect. I have uninstalled program and also deleted registry entries for a clean install but it stays the same. Any ideas where to start with this would be helpful.

kind regards

bernard

Try converting the parts with transparency to bitmap first then export as tif.
Alan

Well, TIF doesn't support "transparency", it supports Alpha Masks. Your best bet would be to first export your file out to a CPT format file with a transparent background. This will give you a single floating object in Photopaint. If you need multiple floating objects, you will have to put each object in Draw on its own layer first, then when exporting out be sure to tell it to keep layers intact.

Then when you're in Photopaint, you could create a mask from the existing object (or any of the multiple other ways of creating masks) and then export out to to TIF - that will create your Alpha Mask to give you "transparency" in your TIF.

Yes, this is contrary to what you would think of doing which would be to actually create an Alpha Mask. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back