Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to text file

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBAMJA

Programmer
Jul 25, 2003
US
I'm having an issue with formatting when exporting a query to a text file. I have a field in a table that is set to Short Text. Generally there is a number in the field but there is an occasional alpha character in the field. When I export the query that this field is part of to a text file, Access automatically adds a decimial point and 00 to the data in the field it it appears to be a number. Unless there is an actual decimal point and numbers after it, I just want it to show the whole number. In other words, what is happening is 28 is getting converted to 28.00 where I only want 28 to be exported.

Any ideas to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

[flush]

Michael

It is said that God will give you no more than you can handle. I just wish God didn't think I was just a bad ass.

Could you show your query and indicate with which field you have this issue?

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

SELECT PD_LAST_NAME AS [Last Name], PD_FIRST_NAME AS [First Name], Null AS [Middle Initial], PATIENT_ID AS [Patient Identifier], GENDER, Format([PD_BIRTH_DATE],"yyyymmdd") AS [Date Of Birth], Null AS Street, Null AS City, Null AS State, Null AS [ZIP Code], Null AS Phone, Null AS [Social Security Number], RevenueCode AS [Revenue Code], Null AS HCPCS, RX_NUMBER AS [Prescription Number], Left$([DRUG_NDC],5) & "-" & Mid$([drug_ndc],6,4) & "-" & Right$([drug_ndc],2) AS [NDC Code], DRUG_STRENGTH_UNITS AS [NDC Unit], [highlight #FCE94F][QTY_DISPENSED] AS [NDC Quantity][/highlight], ready_date_key AS [Service Date], [highlight #FCE94F][QTY_DISPENSED] AS Quantity[/highlight], TP_PRICE_PAID AS Price, Drug_Label_Name AS Comment
FROM McKessonEnterpriseHospiceClaims
WHERE (((ImportDate)=Date()));

The highlighted fields are formatted as Short text in the table this query is based on.

Data looks like this in the table:

QTY_DISPENSED

[flush]

Michael

It is said that God will give you no more than you can handle. I just wish God didn't think I was just a bad ass.

I figured it out, sort of.

I redid the export spec and now it's working fine. Very odd but it's working now.

Thanks for taking a look.

[flush]

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back