Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to Tape on Digital 8 drops frames, unsynchronized. DESPERATE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2001
US
I've been trying to make this work for over a week and wasted several hours and nights in front of my computer fruitlessly. If any of you out there can help, I'll be so incredibly happy. Here's the situation...

I use Adobe Premier 6.0 on Windows 98. When I try to export to tape, using a Digital 8 camcorder connected through a FireWire card, the tape records and the movie plays until, later on, my computer slows down for a split-second, making it skip or drop frames.

Does anyone out there, who uses Adobe Premier 6.0 with a FireWire connection, know how to sync a camera and a computer so that no frames are ever dropped? I've seen someone do something before where he transferred a bunch of footage onto a hard drive while the camera was playing incredibly fast, and since they were in sync, no frames were dropped. I really need to find out how to do that. Please, if anyone knows, tell me! Please!! I am going crazy!

Jon,
I had a similar problem with my DV/Firewire connection. The frames dropped whenever the hard disk was accessed. I fixed the problem by setting DMA on in the Hard Disk settings within System in the Control Panel. Not all disks support DMA and you may strike problems if yours can't. For me, though, it solved all my problems.
Knotman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back