Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to specific Excel worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoyne

MIS
Jun 5, 2002
US
I am trying to export a couple queries to different worksheets in the same excel document. When I looked in Help, it said that you cannot specify a workbook when exporting to 2000. I know there has to be code to do this but I haven't had any luck yet. The data needs to be in Excel for a report, so any suggestions on how to get it there would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

You can use the TransferSpreadsheet method to export to the specific excel file. In the range for the export, you can specify a worksheet by using the name of the worksheet and an exclamation mark.

example.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, _
"Table", "c:\example\ExcelTable.xls",True, _
"Worksheetname!A1:G12"

Hope this helps,
NG

Thanks for the input...I'm much closer. However, I am still getting an error message that the worksheet already exists. Does this mean that you cannot export to a worksheet that already exists? Please help me, I will try anything :)

Thanks again!

Sorry about taking so long to respond, i'm working on an important project right now.

I checked out the code above it works with exporting tables to spreadsheets. I also tried it with queries and got the same results as you did. I'm not sure why this happens. A quick fix would be to append the queries to a table and export the table to the excel file.

NG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back