Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to RTF - why the frames?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anslack

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
GB
I am exporting a report to RTF and Word (Exact Format) from Crystal Reports 8.5, and both exports show each line inside a Frame, instead of just the text required. In the original RPT file, each statement/formula is inside a text box.

Is there a way to export to RTF/DOC without frames around each item (i.e. just the text inside the original text box)?

The reason is that it is very difficult to programmatically analyse and extract data from these frames, compared with 'plain text' in a document.

I have the latest export DLLs from the Crystal website...

This is new functinality in the export drivers. Bear in mind that your report (.rpt) is actually an image file so when you send it to a WYSIWYG format expect some funny stuff.

Depending on your report, you may need to go to a Text format, then pen this in Word. A pain no doubt.

Another approach of course, if you still have the old drivers (look in the patch folder) would be to replace the existing new ones with the older ones. This should work, but ou lose any fixes in the drives. That double edged sword thing.

Note: They do not need to be regsitered.

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back