Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to PDf

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam3944

Technical User
Apr 20, 2004
US
I have been using PM 7.02 for about two years and creating a PDF from my files. Today I went to export PDF and it started ok, but then said "not responding". I reloaded acrobat distiller but it still does the same. Should I reload PM? I get no error messages, just task manager indicating, not responding. All other PM functions work fine.

It's difficult to give a definitive solution, but yes, remove and re-install PM.

I wrote a tutorial about it along time ago - Installing and Setting Up PM7's Export… Adobe PDF… using the “Application” CD-ROM. It should help.

As I wrote - "PageMaker's Export… Adobe PDF… divides PM users into two groups: those who swear by it; and those who swear at it". So if you are stll having difficulties, see this: General procedure for PDF creation

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

I did the compose to printer as requested but also unchecked embed tags, so I don't know which one solved the problem. Thank you very much for your help.

I did the compose to printer as requested
Having the correct final printer selected is very important in PM. I would recommend setting Distiller or other PS Printer as the global default.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back