Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to PDF Runtime Libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbr501

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2001
US
We just upgraded to Crystal 8.5, purposely for the new export to PDF functionality. We have a VB appl. which we use to run many reports via Crystal API. I'm trying to figure out what Dll's I need to deploy to the workstations running my application to include this export to PDF functionality. I know that the Viewer looks to c:\winnt\crystal directory for all of the P2*.dll, U2*.dll files purposely for Exporting. I have deployed the crxf_pdf.dll file which comes with ver 8.5 to this directory as well.

Now, when I run my application and preview a report I do have the option to Export to PDF format, however, when I select Save As "Disk File" and click OK, the viewer begins writing out the file, but never allows me an option to save the file anywhere, thus, it never completes the process of writing out the PDF. This only happens with the PDF option and saving to Disk File. If I select Export to Word for Windows as "Disk File", I'm prompted to save the file and it writes it out fine, so I know I'm not missing another dll for this call (I think).

Do you have any suggestions/thoughts? What am I missing? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

There is a thread running on Page 1 Required DLLs which may help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back