Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJAnalyst

MIS
May 6, 2003
US
I am trying to export to excel in a very specific format. I have to replicate the exact format of an excel document while populating data from a SQL server database into Excel in specific fields. Does anyone know what I would need to accomplish this. I have been trying to come up with a way using the Crystal report designer and I can generate a wysiwyg output in excel but I have to have more control of the fields and possible even merge some of the fields in Excel. Thank you for any responses in advance.

Jonathan Nelson
Business Systems Analyst
Horizon Group, USA

The expression 'exact format' is quite worrying in this respect.
My first idea would be to download the data as a flatfile in a seperate sheet in the Excel Workbook and then write your VBA modules to get EXACT control of what goes where.
At least that is what we did years ago when we build a forecasting application in Excel.
It's very extensive to do, but for TOTAL control it does a pretty good job.
Fetching the data into Excel in the first place should not be a problem, especially if it comes from SQL server...

Ties Blom
Information analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back