Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Export to excel changes data

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsw1971

Programmer
Jun 21, 2001
US
I have a Crystal Report (8.5) that generates an invoice report (lots of numbers, calculations, formulas, etc.) When I export it to Excel (doesn't matter which version of Excel), it decides to change some of the invoice totals, for no apparent reason. There is no pattern that it follows when doing this (for example, it "thinks" that $6,750.00 - $3,375.00 = $7,225.00, whereas the total in the .rpt file is $3,375.00)

I didn't think an export was supposed to change any of the data - isn't it just supposed to take a snapshot of the .rpt file?

Has anyone else ever encountered this and is there a "workaround"?

Thank you.

I ran into a similiar problem some time back. Reports we had were displaying goofy numbers, but only in Excel. In our case, it turns out that Excel was recalculating the group footer & report totals & including data that was in the report header. For example, our report header had a cost center field. Excel took the cost center number & added it to the value when computing the group footer for that column.

Our solution was to put all header values inside text boxes.

I don't know if your problem is anything like this, but it may be worthwhile taking a look.

KC

My report has numerous subreports and I also have cost center and non-financial numbers in my headers. I will give your suggestion a try.

Thanks for the feedback, KC!

Jennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back