Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

export to eps/open file errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewavedesigns

Programmer
Aug 1, 2004
US
I have Quark 6.0, using Windows XP Professional. I received a project file from someone using Quark 5.? for Mac. I'm able to open the file okay, but I want to export it so I can use either Fireworks or Illustrator to modify the file and then export it as a jpg or gif.

I saved the file as an EPS file, but when I go to open, I get the following errors:

Illustrator: EPS parser is unable to parse this file.
Photoshop: Parser Module cannot parse the file.
Fireworks: Could not open the file. An internal error occured.

Does anyone know how I can overcome this?

I have also tried exporting the file as HTML, but the images become gif's and look awful. I've tried exporting as PDF (even followed the printer setup in the FAQ section), but that doesn't work.

What I'd really prefer is to be able to somehow export the file directly as a graphic file, but I only have 2 export options (is that correct?).

Any help will be appreciated!! Thanks.

Not sure if this is any help, or if it'll work, but once you open the file under XP and it converts from Mac, try saving it as a new Quark file, and then export *that* file as an EPS...? Might be a conversion problem, but I really wouldn't know. Hope that helps. I assume you can Save as EPS on other files?

Thanks for the note. I tried to save my own quark file, and I got the same problems opening them. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Isn't is just "save as eps file" and then you can open it as an eps file in another application? My underlying file is a quark project.

We are exporting to hi res pdf then opening in photoshop...this tends to work and is the only way to ensure that all fonts are embeded in the image.

BD

If sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...what is the highest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back